Allied Universal Security Supervisor - Manufacturing Plant in Woodstock, Alabama
Allied Universal Services is currently searching for a Security Supervisor in Woodstock, Alabama .
The Shift Security Supervisor will supervise and coordinate the delivery of quality services on a specific shift at an assigned customer. The Security Shift Supervisor will act as a liaison between site supervisor, Account Manager/Field Operations Manager and professional security officers. Supervise staff on assigned shift, providing coaching, recognition and discipline within approved empowerment range.
High school diploma or equivalent required
At least 18 years of age
Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting;
Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
Valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying.
As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test, may be required to pass Drivers Record check
Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
Ability to handle both common and crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
Work in various environments such as cold weather, rain/snow or heat
Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
Stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time
Supervisor Responsibilities are but not limited to:
• Helps Account Manager identify, meet and exceed the needs of the customer
• Meets all contractual scheduled hours with a minimum of unbilled overtime
• Assists in the coordination and/or conduct site-specific OJT, client specific training and annual refresher training for security personnel.
• Reconciles security logs against shift responsibilities and patrols; reviews incident reports, prior to submitting to manager and coordinate preliminary investigations
• Communicates staffing needs on shift to Account Manager
• Assures that the officers receive appropriate training, developing them in both technical and professional skills
• Assure that employee grievances are heard with help from appropriate district or region HR support employee and Account Manger
• Administers JSA’s and safety programs outlining site – specific hazards for security professionals on assigned shift including vehicle/driving safety as appropriate to Corporate procedures
• Enforces Allied Universal’s policies as outlined in the handbook and executive memos
• Provides the basis of a great place to work by treating staff with respect.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com at http://www.aus.com/ .
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Job ID: 2020-454941
Location: United States-Alabama-Woodstock
Job Category: Security Officer