Allied Universal Leave of Absence Manager in Santa Ana, California
Under direction of the Vice President of Benefits, the LOA Manager is primarily responsible for the direct management and oversight of the Company’s national LOA program and support team, to ensure compliance based on state and federal regulations and ensure on-going claim management is within company service standards and legal compliance.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
• Oversees and provides total leave of absence claim management - from first notice and intake to closure - for the company nationwide.
• Obtains and reviews updated medical evidence of reason for leave upon receipt for assigned claims.
• Reviews guidelines for eligibility resulting in accurate eligibility decisions.Will handle more complex leave cases requiring use of sound judgement, based on knowledge, skills, and prior experience.
• Serves as the primary point of contact for LOA Administrators, Management, Human Resources, Legal, IT, and plan vendors regarding all leaves of absence related processes.
• Provides instruction to employees and training of Branch Managers and HR staff on appropriate procedures for all types of leaves, including “interactive discussion” training.
• Maintains accurate records and reporting of employee leaves in full legal compliance.
• Develops, generates, and presents reports to analyze leave data and trends including current leaves, returns from leaves, and intermittent leave implications (pay, benefits, return to work, etc.).
• Serves as the subject matter expert for the leave programs in alignment and under the general direction and guidance of the Director – Employee Benefits and other members of the leadership team.
• Ensures highest level of customer service with client companies and employees and provides responsive support throughout LOA process.
• Reviews, updates, and maintains all LOA policies to ensure legal compliance, ensure proper distribution, and integration with all other departments and training of HR and non-HR Managers.
• Maintains LOA software tracking program (LeaveLink, Powered by Absentys).
• Oversees integration of leaves (i.e. Workman’s compensation with FMLA) and integration with other functions (benefits during LOA, payroll, etc.).
• Provides day-to-day management and development of LOA support team.
• Takes part in continuing education on LOA topics and ensures 100% federal and state compliance in all areas in which we operate.
• Performs special projects as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
• 5+ years’ specific experience in Leave of Absence Administration Management in a high volume, fast paced environment on a national level.
• In-depth knowledge of Family Medical Leave Act, Military Leaves, and other applicable federal and state laws, as well as company leave policies.
• Working knowledge of integration of leaves and benefits.
• Highly organized and able to think systematically to structure the work and design in a logical flow.
• Experience with LOA Management software, preferably LeaveLink.
• Must be a proactive problem solver and team player who is detail oriented and flexible; a self-starter requiring minimal supervision with the ability to support requests from multiple directions.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters appropriately.
• Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office products (Word/Excel), and internet and website navigation required.
• Energetic, driven personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
• Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization while functioning as a team player.
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.
Job ID: 2020-401365
Location: United States-California-Santa Ana
Job Category: Human Resources