Allied Universal Security Shift Supervisor Grave Shift -Multinational Corporation in San Jose, California
At Allied Universal® , we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal® culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal® today!
Now Hiring Grave Shift Supervisor at Tech Site!
Sign on Bonus $1,000! (ask for more details)
Allied Universal Services is currently searching for a Professional Security Shift Supervisor .
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION (Brief Overview):
Under limited supervision, Shift Supervisors are responsible for the integrity of security and safety functions of their assign shift. This includes but is not limited to:
RESPONSIBILITIES (Major Duties)
· Interaction with a variety of persons including clients, public safety officials, employees and the public
· Security access of authorized personnel into building including visitors and their employee sponsors, client employees and / or contractors
· Must be a Role Model to all security department staff
· Provide continual training for security officer
· Ensure post procedures for security personnel are up-to-date and current
· Review incident reports and conduct follow up if necessary
· Report all building utility/service issues as observed and instructed to facilities
· Notify, assist and direct emergency personnel as necessary
· Enforcing client and company policies and procedures
· Works with authorized management to provide requested value added services
· Observe and report all unusual activity
· Supervise maintenance of security logs
· The supervisors are responsible for notifying account manager of post orders and training material that need to be updated.
· Ensure that all equipment (i.e. radios, monitors, chargers, printers, cameras and computers, etc.) are in working condition.
· Assist account manager with officers evaluations
· Implement Client Security procedures at the site
· Maintain security standards for CCTV, alarm monitoring, and access control systems
· Perform spot inspections of all officers on all shifts on a monthly basis
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (To Perform Job Duties)
· Must have sufficient hearing to respond to normal speech, alarm signals, radio and telephone communications
· Must have sufficient visual acuity to read and understand tenant rosters, employee listings, post orders, maps, computer screens, check identification (such as company badge and drivers license) and to distinguish the faces of employees, contractors and visitors
· Must be able to stand and/or sit for up to 90% of an 8-10 hours shift (there may be times when an officer is required to work up to 12 hours straight to meet the operational needs of the Company)
· Must have a strong command of the English language that is easily understood
SKILL REQUIREMENTS (To Perform Job Duties)
· Good verbal and written communications
· Radio communications
· Basic computer and keyboard knowledge
· Basic Typing
· Excellent telephone skills
· Ability to handle emergency situations
· Professional Demeanor
· Excellent customer service
· Ability to work independently while also being a team player
The Shift Security Supervisor will supervise and coordinate the delivery of quality services on a specific shift at an assigned customer.
At least 18 years of age
Posses a high school diploma or equivalent, or 5 years verifiable experience
Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting;
Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
Valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying.
Driving Positions: must possess a valid Driver’s License with at least one year of driving experience, a clean driving record (no major violations within last 36 months, no more than 1 accident in last 24 months, no more than one minor moving violation in last 24 months), a minimum level of insurance as required by Company policy, and the ability to safely operate a vehicle required.
As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test, may be required to pass Drivers Record check
Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
Ability to handle both common and crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
Work in various environments such as cold weather, rain/snow or heat
Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
Stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time
Allied Universal® provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to people and businesses within our local communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com .
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Job ID: 2021-570099-3
Location: United States-California-San Jose
Job Category: Security Supervisor